Almost two years ago I blogged about a blouse / shirt that my mum had made in ye olde years of vintage gone by, and I added a strange white collar which looked a little wrong and penguiny. Well I recently decided to re-vamp the blouse again with a different coloured collar; a blue very similar to the one within the pattern and it looks much nicer, behold:
I also took in the sides and the arms (although you can't really tell from the photo) to make it slightly more fitted and less pyjama-y. It still has some baggyness though as it doesn't have any darts so I guess that was the style of Ye Olde Times.
Here's a close up of the fabric:
It's from Liberty! It feels very soft and nice and EXPENSIVE.
Here's a peek of how I may desire to style it:
It also goes rather nicely with the oversized clutch bag I whipped up yesterday:
I was fortunate enough to obtain the Art Nouveau fabric in a lucky dip bag from my good friend Helen, it seems to be vintage 60s or 70s but there was only a small amount of it so a clutch seemed like the best option. To make the clutch I used an existing one for a template and made it a little bigger, cut the fabric plus another scrap of a bluey grey linen for lining, one of thick interfacing and one of wadding so it would have a lot of stability. Then I sandwiched it all together, used scraps of blue bias binding for the edges and finished it with a button and loop closure to keep all my precious rubbish inside! It was a bit of a fiddly process at times but well worth it for a fabulous bag.